Technical Support Engineer
As part of the CryptoCompare technical support team, you will be responsible for technical evaluation and diagnosis of issues that come in from our level 1 support team for the core CryptoCompare systems. These systems include our data integrations, aggregation services and our various public and internal facing APIs. Our main public API product currently serves around 30 million calls per hour to an average of 1.5 million hourly unique users.
To be successful in this role, we are looking for a candidate who is able to dive deep into technical understanding of the product and all associated data sources. The candidate will be expected to be able to diagnose issues at a data granularity level and isolate root causes in detail, producing understandable reports for the engineers within the team to then action further.
The CryptoCompare technical product offering has been rapidly growing in uptake. In the past six months, our API service has over doubled in total monthly requests from 8 billion to 17 billion and assets under management powered by our index business now totals $3 billion. This is an opportunity to join a small but growing company and have a real business impact with the work you undertake, helping to shape how the team operates and pushes forward.
- 3+ years previous work in a technical (level 2) support role
- Fluent English, both verbal and written
- SQL experience
- Strong mathematical ability
- Customer management/communication skills
- Ability to navigate a linux VM
- Experience working with production systems and live data
- Attention to detail and strong problem solving skills
Nice to have
- Finance experience
- Azure experience
- Code/Scripting experience