They also reduce the complexity of the encoding, and shift the burden in terms of fees from the sender to the recipient – after all it’s their request to have the complexity in the conditions for the release of the funds.
This is done by transferring the script used to spend the transactions to the <ScripSig> and making the <ScriptPubKey> hold a hash of the script. This means that a new address has been created – a script address.
Script addresses are not made through the usual process of elliptic curve cryptography but are instead the hash of the <ScriptPubKey> of a multi signature transaction. A script address is appended with a value of five before being hashed, resulting in hashed script addresses starting with the number 3 – remember that standard Bitcoin addresses start with a 1 – with other variances for the testnet.
Structuring P2SH transactions should be done with care as an error can make the transaction unspendable. Another important point is that the details of the transaction script are not stored in the blockchain, only the hash, and therefore the creator of the transaction must keep a copy of the script or remember the route to generate the specific hash.
- Bitcoin Transactions - Pay-to-Public-Key?
- Bitcoin Transactions – Multi Signature Transactions?
- What is a Bitcoin block?
- What is a Bitcoin Fork?
- How does a hashing algorithm work?
- Bitcoin Transactions – Scriptsig and Scriptpubkey – locking and unlocking a transaction?
- How does the Bitcoin Network actually work?
- Meet ZENIQ: The Decentralized Blockchain-Powered Ecosystem Sponsored
- GAUGECASH Integrates Chainlink Keepers to Decentralize Automation of Novel Liquidity Pool, GAUGEFIELD
- Ariva Digital’s ‘Arivaman’ Gets Set To Embark On Epic Adventure
- WAGMI Games Partners With Cubix To Launch PvP Tower Defense Play-to-Earn Game
- How 5 Popular Smart Contract Platforms Compare to Nexus
- Is the “Decentralization” in the Blockchain Ecosystem Really Decentralized?
- Astra Protocol, a Compliance Layer for DeFi, Could Help US SEC, Other Regulators with Ensuring Consumer Protection for Crypto Investors
- TabTrader's Native TTT Token Launches on Gate.io
- DecimalChain Believes NFTs Could Be the Response the Market Needs
- TaleCraft: A Medieval-Themed Gaming Metaverse
This website is only provided for your general information and is not intended to be relied upon by you in making any investment decisions. You should always combine multiple sources of information and analysis before making an investment and seek independent expert financial advice.
Where we list or describe different products and services, we try to give you the information you need to help you compare them and choose the right product or service for you. We may also have tips and more information to help you compare providers.
Some providers pay us for advertisements or promotions on our website or in emails we may send you. Any commercial agreement we have in place with a provider does not affect how we describe them or their products and services. Sponsored companies are clearly labelled.