Today, we’re going to show you how to issue your own token on the Waves blockchain. Waves is a LPoS cryptocurrency platform with a few unique features, one of which is its intuitive token issuance system which can be an asset through the Waves Lite Client.
Issuing a token on the Waves Platform comes with multiple benefits, including the ability to trade the token instantly on the Waves Decentralized Exchange. Not only that, but Waves tokens can also be used to pay fees within the network, creating additional demand for custom assets on its blockchain.
So, let’s get started! To issue our token, we’ll need to install the Waves Lite Client and create a wallet. This process costs 1 Wave token to prevent spam.
Part 1 - Install the Waves Lite Client
The Waves Lite Client is an easy-to-use Waves wallet that can be installed as a Google Chrome plugin.
Step 1: Click here to go to the Waves Platform download page
Step 2: Click "Download"
Step 3: Click “Add to Chrome”
Step 3: Click “Add App”
Waves Lite Client will be installed. Click "Launch the app" to create a new account
Part 2 - Create a new account
Step 1: Click “Create account”
Step 2: Click “I understand”
Step 3: Save your seed. You need it to restore your wallet in case of loss or when using another device
Step 4: Enter the wallet name and password
Step 5: Click “Register”
Step 6: You’ll be taken to the dashboard. To deposit Waves, simply send them to the address shown on the top of your wallet
Part 3 - Issue your token
Step 1: Click the asset issuance tab as seen below
Step 2: Enter the token name
Step 3: Enter the token description
Step 4: Choose the total supply
Step 5: Choose the decimals for the token
Step 6: Choose if the token should be reissuable or not
Step 7: Click “Issue token”
Step 8: Click “Confirm” to issue the toke Click “Confirm” to issue the token
If the issuance is successful, you’ll see the following image:
You can then transfer your new token in the portfolio tab.
- What is ClearPoll?
- CrowdCoinage OS: Financial Ecosystem OS Powered By the Blockchain
- Thaler.One - Decentralized Real Estate Investments
- An introduction to LAToken
- MediChain - Saving Lives With Blockchain
- Online.io - Together We Can Change The Internet
- You42: Revolutionizing The Entertainment Industry
- Feel the Euro 2020 Winning Euphoria on 1xBit and Win Amazing Crypto Prizes Sponsored
- Beyond the Token Economy – How Convergence Brings Private Investment Into DeFi Sponsored
- How to Bet With Bitcoin on Euro 2020 Sponsored
- What is Satoshi Nakamoto's Net Worth?
- SuperFarm Rolls Out NFT Farming Feature to Complement Ecosystem
- Around the World, Seven Traditional Firms Flying the Flag for Crypto in 2021
- ABEYCHAIN 2.0: Meet the Project Powering the Next Generation Blockchain Ecosystem
- Is Bexplus Right for You? What to Look for in an Exchange
- TeraBlock Is Gearing Up for it’s IDO Launch on BSCPAD
- BENQi’s Protocol on Avalanche Network, helps cutting down transaction fees
This website is only provided for your general information and is not intended to be relied upon by you in making any investment decisions. You should always combine multiple sources of information and analysis before making an investment and seek independent expert financial advice.
Where we list or describe different products and services, we try to give you the information you need to help you compare them and choose the right product or service for you. We may also have tips and more information to help you compare providers.
Some providers pay us for advertisements or promotions on our website or in emails we may send you. Any commercial agreement we have in place with a provider does not affect how we describe them or their products and services. Sponsored companies are clearly labelled.