Bitcoin, as we’ve mentioned several times, is a pseudonymous cryptocurrency in which every transaction can be viewed but is not tied to any personal data. Nevertheless, it is still possible to determine information from these transactions, especially when using centralized services like exchanges and online wallets.
So if you want to make an anonymous transaction, there are some precautions you must take. For example, it is possible to use a mixer to throw off chain analysis. However, these require you to trust the mixer operators.
There is, however, a service that allows you to take advantage of the Monero anonymous cryptocurrency in order to achieve true privacy when making a BTC payment. This service is called XMR.TO and it allows you to make an anonymous Monero transaction and in turn sends the address you insert the same value in Bitcoin. Thanks to the nature of XMR, the operators don’t know who the transaction came from.
The service can see your IP when you use it but that can be mitigated through the use of the Tor Browser as XMR.TO provides an onion link that you can use.
So, let’s see how it works:
Step 1: Click here to go to XMR.TO
Step 2: Enter the Bitcoin address, the one where you want the payment to be sent
Step 3: Enter the amount you want to pay
Step 4: Now click “Create”
Step 5: Send XMR with the payment ID to the address shown. If you don’t know how to, read this guide.
Step 6: Now wait for the transaction to be confirmed
Once the XMR transaction has been received, your BTC will be sent to the specified address
The BTC will be sent and there will be no relation between you and the address that sent the BTC transaction.
- WAGMI Games Partners With Cubix To Launch PvP Tower Defense Play-to-Earn Game Sponsored
- How 5 Popular Smart Contract Platforms Compare to Nexus
- Is the “Decentralization” in the Blockchain Ecosystem Really Decentralized?
- Astra Protocol, a Compliance Layer for DeFi, Could Help US SEC, Other Regulators with Ensuring Consumer Protection for Crypto Investors
- TabTrader's Native TTT Token Launches on Gate.io
- DecimalChain Believes NFTs Could Be the Response the Market Needs
- TaleCraft: A Medieval-Themed Gaming Metaverse
- Polker’s Native Token PKR Listed on Bittrex Exchange!
- Good Crypto Guide: How to Day Trade Cryptocurrency and Track Your Portfolio on 30 Exchanges
- Who Is Eightcap?
This website is only provided for your general information and is not intended to be relied upon by you in making any investment decisions. You should always combine multiple sources of information and analysis before making an investment and seek independent expert financial advice.
Where we list or describe different products and services, we try to give you the information you need to help you compare them and choose the right product or service for you. We may also have tips and more information to help you compare providers.
Some providers pay us for advertisements or promotions on our website or in emails we may send you. Any commercial agreement we have in place with a provider does not affect how we describe them or their products and services. Sponsored companies are clearly labelled.