The Bitcoin transaction lock time is the time at which a particular transaction can be added to the blockchain. This is the earliest time that miners can include the transaction in their hashing of the Merkle root to attach it in the latest block to the blockchain.
There are two specific types of transaction locktime. Firstly when the locktime figure is less than 500 million it is interpreted as a blockheight and miners therefore have to wait until that block height has been reached before attempting to include it in a block.
If it is above 500 million it is converted to a unix timestamp – a unix timestamp being the number of seconds since January 1st 1970.
- How to Trade on bitFlyer Sponsored
- How To Buy And Sell Cryptocurrencies Using Anycoin Direct's Services Sponsored
- Boosting the Crypto Space's Advertising Efficiency: A look at Bitmedia Sponsored
- How To Buy Cryptocurrencies Directly from CryptoCompare's Pages
- Using High-Speed Self-Custodial Exchanges: A Look at DeversiFi
- Bitcoin Search Interest Fell 86% Three Months After All-Time High
- How to Be Your Own Bank With the Bitamp Bitcoin Wallet
- Forex Trading: How to Choose the Right Trading Platform
- Cryptocurrency Taxes in the UK - a Complete Guide
- PrimeXBT: Bitcoin margin trading platform guide
This website is only provided for your general information and is not intended to be relied upon by you in making any investment decisions. You should always combine multiple sources of information and analysis before making an investment and seek independent expert financial advice.
Where we list or describe different products and services, we try to give you the information you need to help you compare them and choose the right product or service for you. We may also have tips and more information to help you compare providers.
Some providers pay us for advertisements or promotions on our website or in emails we may send you. Any commercial agreement we have in place with a provider does not affect how we describe them or their products and services. Sponsored companies are clearly labelled.