The Bitcoin Genesis block is the first block in the blockchain ever.
All crypto currencies have a genesis block but Bitcoin’s is that little bit more special as it was the first of the first.
Every block created since the genesis block can automatically trace it as its ancestor by the linkages to previous blocks in the block header.
The following is the block header hash for the first block!
The Genesis block contains a hidden message in the coinbase transaction – it says “"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks.". This is clearly a note from the eponymous Satoshi Nakomoto performing two functions – firstly marking the time of the first block and secondly economically pointing out the problems with the present Government bailouts of too big to fail banks and the moral hazard problem.
- What is a BIPS – Bitcoin Improvement Proposal?
- What is a Bitcoin Double Spend and how does it work?
- What is Bitcoin transaction locktime?
- What are the Bitcoin Transaction types?
- What is a Block Header in Bitcoin?
- What is a Coinbase or Generation Transaction?
- What is a Bitcoin Vanity address and how do you get one?
- Energi Mine: A New Energy Market on the Blockchain Sponsored
- FLUX: Decentralized Global Gaming Ecosystem Sponsored
- Token Economies 101: The Difference Between Tokens and Coins
- How to get gambling deposit and cashback bonuses on 1xBit
- CryptoCompare Portfolio FAQ
- How to use MyEtherWallet
- How to mine Zcash