There have been lots of conspiracy theories and false leads into who or what Satoshi Nakamoto is.
General consensus is that he was one of the original progenitors of the Bitcoin paper but has now taken a backseat and is relatively uninvolved in the present work by the Bitcoin Foundation.
Satoshi Nakamoto is quite a common Japanese name and loosely translated can be made to fit with the principles behind the libertarian decentralised digital currency Bitcoin – or “wise central foundation”. This definition has also been related to wordplay by the CIA – Central Intelligence Agency – where a raft of papers between ’91 and ’97 on digital currencies were written by an employee by the name of Okamoto – in fact the SHA-256 algorithm was created by the CIA.
Other theories are that the Group was a group of people, in particular Neil King, Vladimir Oksman and Charles Bry – through relating the registration of the original Bitcoin.com and publications on encryption keys – although this theory has been quashed by all three denying the allegation.
Probably the most high profile expose was of Dorian Satoshi Nakamoto back in February 2014 where Newsweek tracked him down to his house. He subsequently denied the allegations.
Another popular theory is that Bitcoin came from a Trinity College Dublin student named Michael Clear through analysing linguistic footprints. For example the phase “bloody difficult” is used and clearly indicates someone of anglicised descent. These allegations have again been denied.
Whoever he or they are and whatever he or they are doing now – clearly they don’t want to be found so best of luck!
- Using VPNs and Password Managers to Secure Your NFTs
- B2Broker Introduces cTrader as a White Label Platform
- CryptoCompare Lists Potential Ethereum Hard Fork Tokens
- Crypto Spot Trading Volumes Reach 20-Month Low
- Binance Leads YTD Crypto Exchange Volumes as Competition Heats Up
- Total Value Locked in DeFi Protocols Plunged 65.7% in Q2
- Crypto Adoption on the Rise: Countries Pioneering Digital Asset Usage
- Meeting FirstByte Media: Comments from Cosmin Mesenschi, CEO & Founder of FirstByte Media
- Meet ZENIQ: The Decentralized Blockchain-Powered Ecosystem
- GAUGECASH Integrates Chainlink Keepers to Decentralize Automation of Novel Liquidity Pool, GAUGEFIELD
This website is only provided for your general information and is not intended to be relied upon by you in making any investment decisions. You should always combine multiple sources of information and analysis before making an investment and seek independent expert financial advice.
Where we list or describe different products and services, we try to give you the information you need to help you compare them and choose the right product or service for you. We may also have tips and more information to help you compare providers.
Some providers pay us for advertisements or promotions on our website or in emails we may send you. Any commercial agreement we have in place with a provider does not affect how we describe them or their products and services. Sponsored companies are clearly labelled.