There have been lots of conspiracy theories and false leads into who or what Satoshi Nakamoto is.
General consensus is that he was one of the original progenitors of the Bitcoin paper but has now taken a backseat and is relatively uninvolved in the present work by the Bitcoin Foundation.
Satoshi Nakamoto is quite a common Japanese name and loosely translated can be made to fit with the principles behind the libertarian decentralised digital currency Bitcoin – or “wise central foundation”. This definition has also been related to wordplay by the CIA – Central Intelligence Agency – where a raft of papers between ’91 and ’97 on digital currencies were written by an employee by the name of Okamoto – in fact the SHA-256 algorithm was created by the CIA.
Other theories are that the Group was a group of people, in particular Neil King, Vladimir Oksman and Charles Bry – through relating the registration of the original Bitcoin.com and publications on encryption keys – although this theory has been quashed by all three denying the allegation.
Probably the most high profile expose was of Dorian Satoshi Nakamoto back in February 2014 where Newsweek tracked him down to his house. He subsequently denied the allegations.
Another popular theory is that Bitcoin came from a Trinity College Dublin student named Michael Clear through analysing linguistic footprints. For example the phase “bloody difficult” is used and clearly indicates someone of anglicised descent. These allegations have again been denied.
Whoever he or they are and whatever he or they are doing now – clearly they don’t want to be found so best of luck!
- Bitcoin Transaction Inputs and Outputs?
- How to Identify a Bitcoin or Ethereum Cloud Mining Scam?
- How to store Bitcoins?
- What is a Bitcoin Vanity address and how do you get one?
- What is Bitcoin Transaction malleability – MT GOX?
- How to accept Bitcoin or Crypto Currency as a Merchant?
- How to accept Bitcoin and other Crypto Currencies as a website?
- Trippki - The Evolution of Travel Sponsored
- You42: Revolutionizing The Entertainment Industry Sponsored
- What is a Bitcoin ETF?
- DEx.top: How to buy and sell Ethereum
- Why the CryptoCompare team has chosen the Ledger Wallet
- CryptoCompare Portfolio FAQ
- Where to spend your Bitcoins
- CryptoCompare.com - Who we are!