The Waves Platform is a cryptocurrency platform that brings multiple advantages to the crypto world. Not only is it an extremely simple platform specifically built for the mainstream audience, but it also allows users to take advantage of unique features such as a one-click token issuance mechanism and to pay for transaction fees with custom tokens.
The native cryptocurrency of the Waves Platform is the Waves token (Waves) which is a Delegated Proof of Stake (DPoS) cryptocurrency, meaning that it can be easily “mined” by leasing your balance to a full node and collecting rewards from the transaction fees within the network or even by running your own node - Learn more
There are multiple ways of buying Waves with Bitcoin and fiat. You can use the Waves decentralized exchange or even buy Waves with your credit card through the liteclient, although only 50 USD can be purchased at the moment.
We are planning to do a guide on the Waves Decentralized Exchange (DEX) in the future once it’s fully finished. Right now, there are some exchanges that feature the Waves token but this guide will teach you how to buy Waves on the Bittrex exchange, a platform where users can find multiple cryptocurrencies that are not on other more popular exchanges. Bittrex does not allow fiat, however, so you can check this guide to learn how to buy Bitcoin first.
Part 1 - Create an account on Bittrex
Step 1: Click here to go to Bittrex
Step 2: Click “Login”
Step 3: Click “Signup”
Step 4: Enter your personal details and agree to the terms and conditions
Step 5: Click “Sign Up”
Step 6: You’ll be sent a confirmation link via email. Click it to confirm your account
Step 7: Click “Login” to proceed to your account
Part 2 - Login and deposit Bitcoin
Step 1: Click “Login”
Step 2: Enter your username and password
Step 3: Click “Login”
Step 4: Now, we’re going to deposit Bitcoin, so let’s click “Wallets”
Step 5: To deposit BTC, click on the “+” button on the Bitcoin wallet
Step 6: Click “New Address” to generate a new Bitcoin wallet
Step 7: Deposit your bitcoin on the wallet address generated (it may take a few seconds to generate the address)
Wait for the BTC to be deposited on your account. You can check the transactions by scrolling down
Part 3 - Buy Waves
Step 1: Click “฿ Markets”
Step 2: Enter “Waves” on the search field
Step 3: Choose the “WAVES” market
Step 4: Scroll down and enter the price you want to buy WAVS for. You can enter the price yourself or select from the Last, Bid or Ask price
Step 5: Enter the amount you want to buy. You can click max to get the maximum number coins automatically inserted
Step 6: Lastly, click “Buy Waves”
Once your order is filled, you’ll be credited with WAVES
Well done. You have now bought Waves tokens. You can withdraw your Waves to the Liteclient wallet, for example.
- How to trade on the Binomo platform - a technical guide
- How To Trade Cryptocurrencies With CryptoRobot
- How to buy Bitcoin from CryptoCompare (USD & EURO accepted)
- How To Buy Cryptocurrencies Directly from CryptoCompare's Pages
- How to find out where a certain coin trades
- How to use BlueBelt Exchange
- How to use CoinSwitch Exchange
- Meet ZENIQ: The Decentralized Blockchain-Powered Ecosystem Sponsored
- GAUGECASH Integrates Chainlink Keepers to Decentralize Automation of Novel Liquidity Pool, GAUGEFIELD
- Ariva Digital’s ‘Arivaman’ Gets Set To Embark On Epic Adventure
- WAGMI Games Partners With Cubix To Launch PvP Tower Defense Play-to-Earn Game
- How 5 Popular Smart Contract Platforms Compare to Nexus
- Is the “Decentralization” in the Blockchain Ecosystem Really Decentralized?
- Astra Protocol, a Compliance Layer for DeFi, Could Help US SEC, Other Regulators with Ensuring Consumer Protection for Crypto Investors
- TabTrader's Native TTT Token Launches on Gate.io
- DecimalChain Believes NFTs Could Be the Response the Market Needs
- TaleCraft: A Medieval-Themed Gaming Metaverse
This website is only provided for your general information and is not intended to be relied upon by you in making any investment decisions. You should always combine multiple sources of information and analysis before making an investment and seek independent expert financial advice.
Where we list or describe different products and services, we try to give you the information you need to help you compare them and choose the right product or service for you. We may also have tips and more information to help you compare providers.
Some providers pay us for advertisements or promotions on our website or in emails we may send you. Any commercial agreement we have in place with a provider does not affect how we describe them or their products and services. Sponsored companies are clearly labelled.