The Accumulation Distribution line is a way analysing the supply and demand of a particular asset, in this case bitcoin, by looking at the price and the volume. If the price is going up and volume is low it will make less of a change to the accumulation distribution line compared to when there is a large amount of volume.
What is the Accumulation Distribution Line
The Accumulation Distribution Line is supposed to show the changing in trend by looking for demand in the asset to increase - for example if the indicator is moving up yet the price is moving down this is supposed to indicate a change form oversupply to better demand and is hence a buying point. Traders look for the indicator to be moving in the opposite direction to the price!
How do Accumulation Distribution Line's work?
The Accumulation Distribution Line is calculated by taking ((Close – Low) – (High – Close)) / (High – Low) * Period's volume.
Example Chart Accumulation Distribution Line and Analysis
If you at the USD BTC price chart above you can see the accumulation distribution line showing a buy signal as the Accum Dist line uptick is strong due to the volume whilst the price seems to be solidifying. This is showing an increase in demand that is the precursor to a price move.
- How to trade Bitcoin with the Relative Strength Index?
- How to trade Bitcoin and other Crypto Currencies Using an SMA?
- How to trade Bitcoin and other Crypto Currencies Using an EMA?
- How to trade Bitcoin and other Crypto Currencies Using Bollinger Bands?
- Trading Crypto Currencies with a Stochastic Oscillator?
- Trading Crypto Currencies with the Aroon Indicator?
- Trading Crypto Currencies with the On Balance Volume?
- Ariva Receives a Significant Boost With the Listing of ARV on Gate.io Sponsored
- Does Vitalik Buterin have an Instagram account?
- What Is a Gold-Backed Cryptocurrency?
- The First Bitcoin Transactions: From a Test to the Famous Pizza Purchase (1)
- ABEY Token Starts Trading on the Liquid Global as Ecosystem Continues Growth
- How Defi Users Can Trade Crypto Options on Divergence
- Ethernity Cloud - Decentralized Cloud Computing Using Blockchain Technology
- XSWAP, a Decentralized Exchange and DeFi Platforms on ABEYCHAIN
- A DEX P2P Options Platform for Everyone: delta.theta
- 5 Cryptocurrency-Friendly Casinos Taking Crypto Games to Next Level
This website is only provided for your general information and is not intended to be relied upon by you in making any investment decisions. You should always combine multiple sources of information and analysis before making an investment and seek independent expert financial advice.
Where we list or describe different products and services, we try to give you the information you need to help you compare them and choose the right product or service for you. We may also have tips and more information to help you compare providers.
Some providers pay us for advertisements or promotions on our website or in emails we may send you. Any commercial agreement we have in place with a provider does not affect how we describe them or their products and services. Sponsored companies are clearly labelled.