The Accumulation Distribution line is a way analysing the supply and demand of a particular asset, in this case bitcoin, by looking at the price and the volume. If the price is going up and volume is low it will make less of a change to the accumulation distribution line compared to when there is a large amount of volume.
What is the Accumulation Distribution Line
The Accumulation Distribution Line is supposed to show the changing in trend by looking for demand in the asset to increase - for example if the indicator is moving up yet the price is moving down this is supposed to indicate a change form oversupply to better demand and is hence a buying point. Traders look for the indicator to be moving in the opposite direction to the price!
How do Accumulation Distribution Line's work?
The Accumulation Distribution Line is calculated by taking ((Close – Low) – (High – Close)) / (High – Low) * Period's volume.
Example Chart Accumulation Distribution Line and Analysis
If you at the USD BTC price chart above you can see the accumulation distribution line showing a buy signal as the Accum Dist line uptick is strong due to the volume whilst the price seems to be solidifying. This is showing an increase in demand that is the precursor to a price move.
- How to trade Bitcoin with the Relative Strength Index?
- Trading Crypto Currencies with a Stochastic Oscillator?
- Trading Crypto Currencies with the On Balance Volume?
- How to trade Bitcoin and other Crypto Currencies Using an SMA?
- How to trade Bitcoin and other Crypto Currencies Using an EMA?
- How to trade Bitcoin and other Crypto Currencies Using Bollinger Bands?
- How to trade Bitcoin with an MACD Indicator?
- What Is the Bitcoin Halving and What Will It Do to the Bitcoin Price?
- Delegated Byzantine Fault Tolerance (dBFT) & Generals’ Problem Explained
- What is Delegated Proof-of-Stake (DPoS)?
- Proof of Work (PoW) vs. Proof of Stake
- How to Buy and Store Grin
- Everything You Need to Know About Bittorrent Token (BTT)
- Maximize Your BTC Profit During a Bull Market: Bexplus Investment Tips
- Everything You Need to Know About Grin and Mimblewimble
- Permaweb: Creating An Uncensorable World Wide Web
- BitTaxer: Simplifying Cryptocurrency Tax Filing for the 2018 Tax Season