The Aroon indicator is a used to identify trend reversals in the underlying asset and the probability of that trend reversal will take place. The Arron indicator is comprised of two lines which indicate a downtrend and an uptrend and their strengths. The premiss behind the indicator is that the price will close at higher highs in a bull market and lower lows in a bear market.
What is the Aroon Indicator
The Aroon indicator was developed in 1995 and shows two lines - the arron up and the aroon down - which fluctuate between 0 and 100. The aroon up signifies a strong uptrend and the aroon down a bear market when it is near 100. The period of the aroon indicator can be changed to be more sensitive to the market. The smaller the period the more sensitive and vice versa for a longer period.
How does the Aroon Indicator work?
The Aroon indicator is calculated by looking at the number of days since the highest high and the same is true of lows and the aroon down indicator. The calculations are shown below:
Aroon-Up = ((25 - Days Since 25-day High)/25) x 100
Aroon-Down = ((25 - Days Since 25-day Low)/25) x 100
If you at the Ether BTC price chart you can see two clear periods where the aroon indicator indicates an uptrend and a its reversal. The green box shows the aroon up reaching 100 and crossing the aroon down and the red box the reverse.
- How to trade Bitcoin and other Crypto Currencies Using an SMA?
- How to trade Bitcoin and other Crypto Currencies Using Bollinger Bands?
- Trading Crypto Currencies with the Accumulation Distribution Line?
- How to trade Bitcoin and other Crypto Currencies Using an EMA?
- How to trade Bitcoin with an MACD Indicator?
- Trading Crypto Currencies with the On Balance Volume?
- How to trade Bitcoin with the Relative Strength Index?
- What’s the Deal With Bitcoin ETFs? Sponsored
- New Player Beats Crypto Casino's Winnings Record with $650,000 Session Sponsored
- Industrialists for the Industry: New Exchange Service From the Experienced Crypto Players Sponsored
- BTCS Crypto Portfolio Expands Over 280% in Q2 2020 Amid COVID-19 Pandemic
- How to Trade on bitFlyer
- How To Buy Cryptocurrencies Directly from CryptoCompare's Pages
- How To Buy And Sell Cryptocurrencies Using Anycoin Direct's Services
- Boosting the Crypto Space's Advertising Efficiency: A look at Bitmedia
- Using High-Speed Self-Custodial Exchanges: A Look at DeversiFi
- Bitcoin Search Interest Fell 86% Three Months After All-Time High
This website is only provided for your general information and is not intended to be relied upon by you in making any investment decisions. You should always combine multiple sources of information and analysis before making an investment and seek independent expert financial advice.
Where we list or describe different products and services, we try to give you the information you need to help you compare them and choose the right product or service for you. We may also have tips and more information to help you compare providers.
Some providers pay us for advertisements or promotions on our website or in emails we may send you. Any commercial agreement we have in place with a provider does not affect how we describe them or their products and services. Sponsored companies are clearly labelled.