Pirl is a PoW cryptocurrency based on the Dagger algorithm. It can be mined by itself or dual mined with other cryptocurrencies. The purpose of this tutorial is to demonstrate how to get started and setup to mine Pirl, we will be using Claymore Dual Miner (AMD + NVIDIA) on a Windows 10 (64x) based operating system with NVIDIA graphics cards.
Part 1: Create a Pirl wallet
Step 1: Go to Pirl wallet website (https://wallet.pirl.io/) type a password and click on “create new wallet” button (Password must be 9 characters long and you can click the eye to view the exact password, don’t forget to save it!)
Step 2: Download the KeyStore File (This file contains ALL your information for your wallet address and must be taken care of, Do not lose it! It cannot be recovered if you lose it.)
Step 3: Once you have save the (UTC) file, Click on “I understand. Continue.” button
Step 4: In this page you will be able to see your private key, you can also print a “paper wallet” that also contains all your information and can be used as an alternative to your Keystore file to login and access your account. It’s suggested to print a paper wallet which will hold your public address and your private key, print and put in a safe place (in our case, we'll just save our private key on our UTC file for now)
Then, Click on “save your address”
Step 5: Now you need to choose how would you want to access your wallet, we chose “private key”, so we just need to copy and paste the key, which we saved before, and press “unlock”
Now you just need to scroll down a little bit and you be able to see your account information. For now, we just want to know our wallet address
Part 2: Download and setting up Claymore Dual Miner
Step 1: Download Claymore Dual Miner from Bitcointalk
note: It seems Google blocks some files, use this MEGA link if you cannot find the latest version, if you choose to download from MEGA, you will need to double-click on the latest version as seen in the image below
Step 2: Unzip the file
Step 3: Once you have unziped the file, search the folder for the “start.bat” file, right click on it and press “edit”
Step 4: Replace all the information in that file for the one below:
EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool stratum+tcp://pirl.minerpool.net:8004 -ewal YOURADDRESSHERE -epsw x -allpools 1 -allcoins exp -gser 2 -eworker rig1
Change “YOURADDRESSHERE” for your Address (Part 1, Step 5)
Step 5: Save the file.
(Note: You are not stuck with pirl.minerpool.net, a list of pools can be found here: https://pool.pirl.io/)
Part 3: Start mining
Step 1: Double-click on the Batch file you just edited, "start.bat"
That’s it! you are now mining Pirl!
(You can dual mine with Siacoin, Decred, Lbry, etc; Claymore will show that you’re mining “ETH” because the algorithm is the same. Don’t worry, you’re mining Pirl)
- How to use the CryptoCompare Mining Calculator
- How to pool mine PascalCoin
- How to Mine LBRY Credits with GPU (Mining Pool)
- How to Mine Cryptocurrency with your Smartphone - Electroneum
- How to install and use the PandaPool miner
- How to Mine Any Coin with NiceHash Legacy
- How to Mine Komodo with CPU and GPU - Pool
- What is ChainRift? Sponsored
- A Guide to Using MinerStat Crypto Mining Software Sponsored
- TREZOR Model T CryptoCompare Review
- Bitech - How to buy a Mining Contract
- What Is the Bitcoin Halving and What Will It Do to the Bitcoin Price?
- Delegated Byzantine Fault Tolerance (dBFT) & Generals’ Problem Explained
- What is Delegated Proof-of-Stake (DPoS)?
- Proof of Work (PoW) vs. Proof of Stake
- How to Buy and Store Grin
- Everything You Need to Know About Bittorrent Token (BTT)