It’s never too late to get started with crypto. Especially if you decide to use Luno, a well-established wallet that’s been around since 2013. With headquarters in the United Kingdom, Luno is a secure exchange and wallet that allows users to buy, store and learn about Bitcoin and Ethereum.
With offices around the world, Luno provides services to more than 40 countries and operates in a number of emerging markets, such as Nigeria, Indonesia, and Malaysia. The platform is intuitive to use and features an excellent and solid design. Mobile app versions of Luno are also available for iOS and Android.
Though the Luno Learning Portal, you can also learn more about blockchain and cryptocurrencies. Available in several languages, the articles featured are always well-written and researched, providing an excellent source of crypto knowledge. The same can be said about the articles featured in the Luno blog.
In the guide below, we’ll show you how to buy Bitcoin using the Luno Wallet.
Part 1: How to Buy Bitcoin
Step 3: Access your email and open the confirmation email from Luno. Click on the blue button that reads “Confirm Email Address”. It’ll redirect you to the page shown below. Simply press “Continue”.
Step 4: You’ll be redirected to the log in page. Fill in your email address and click “Next”. On the next page fill in your password and click “Next”. For the final sign up step, you’ll have to access your email again to retrieve the sign in confirmation code. Once you’ve entered your unique confirmation code, press “Next” to log in.
Step 5: Once you’ve successfully logged in, click on the BTC price highlighted in red (e.g. “BTC/EUR 3,000”)
Step 6: Before you’re are able to buy Bitcoin, you’ll have to confirm your identity. By clicking on “Verify Identity”, a new page will open explaining why Luno needs some personal information in order to continue with a purchase. Read the information and proceed to click on “Next”.
Step 7: You’ll now have to submit your mobile number. When done click “Next”. A confirmation code will be sent to your mobile phone via SMS. Enter the unique code and click “Next”. You’ll receive a success message. Click “Next Step” to proceed.
Step 8: Fill in your personal details, including your name, date of birth, citizenship, and ID number. When complete, click “Next”. A pop-up window will appear, click on the “All my details are correct” box and then on “Confirm”. If everything was done correctly, another success message will appear.
Step 9: Now that you’ve verified your identity you can finally purchase Bitcoin. Click again on the BTC price on the top right corner “BTC/EUR 2,991”. Select “Deposit Money” and then choose the deposit method and the amount you wish to deposit.
Step 10: For this example, we’ve chosen a SEPA bank transfer. In order to make the transaction, you’ll need to either use home banking or visit your nearest branch. Once the transaction is complete, the Bitcoin will be credited to your Luno wallet.
Step 11 - Now that we have money in our wallet, we can use it to buy Bitcoin. Click on “Wallets”, and under “BTC Wallet”, click “Buy”.
Step 12 - Choose the currency you wish to purchase Bitcoin with. For this example, we’ll choose Euro.
Step 13: Select the amount you wish to buy and click “Next”.
Step 14: Click “Confirm”. Congratulations, you will now have Bitcoin waiting for you on your Luno wallet.
- How to create and use a Blockchain.info Bitcoin wallet – Walkthrough
- How to Buy Bitcoin With EO.Finance
- How to create and use a Bitcoin Paper Wallet
- Why the CryptoCompare team has chosen the Ledger Wallet
- How to Create and Use an Electrum Wallet
- How to sign a message with Electrum
- How to create a Multi Signature Wallet
- What Is the Bitcoin Halving and What Will It Do to the Bitcoin Price?
- Delegated Byzantine Fault Tolerance (dBFT) & Generals’ Problem Explained
- What is Delegated Proof-of-Stake (DPoS)?
- Proof of Work (PoW) vs. Proof of Stake
- How to Buy and Store Grin
- Everything You Need to Know About Bittorrent Token (BTT)
- Maximize Your BTC Profit During a Bull Market: Bexplus Investment Tips
- Everything You Need to Know About Grin and Mimblewimble
- Permaweb: Creating An Uncensorable World Wide Web
- BitTaxer: Simplifying Cryptocurrency Tax Filing for the 2018 Tax Season