Interacting with the Ethereum platform is getting easier by the day! Especially with applications like Parity, an Ethereum client that s integrated directly into your web browser. Not only does it allow the user to access the basic Ether and token wallet functions, it it is also an Ethereum GUI browser that provides access to all the features of the Ethereum network including dApps.
Parity is a full node wallet, which means that you store the blockchain on your computer. The wallet is available for Ubuntu, OSX, Docker and Windows.
Today, we're going to show you how to install and use the Parity wallet to store, receive and send Ether and tokens. The Parity wallet also allows you to interact with dApps. We will cover this part very soon in a future guide. Stay tuned!
Part 1 - Download and Install
Step 1: Click here to go to the Parity download page
Step 2: Scroll down, choose your O.S and download. We’re using Windows
Step 3: Double-click the downloaded setup
Step 4: Agree to the terms
Step 5: Click “Install”
Step 6: Wait for the setup to conclude
Step 7: Click “Close” to finish the installation
Parity should open in your browser automatically. You can always open it by searching for “parity” on your windows toolbar.
Part 2 - Create a wallet
Step 1: Read the intro and click "Next"
Step 2: Read the terms, tick the "I accept these terms and conditions" box and click "Next"
Step 3: Choose a wallet name
Step 4: Enter and repeat your password. Optionally, you can also include a hint above the password field
Step 5: Choose an avatar
Step 6: Click “Create”
Step 7: Save both the public address, where you will receive payments and your seed which is needed to restore your wallet. You can also print the seed in the lower right corner
Step 8: Click “Next”
Step 9: Click “Close” to go to your wallet
Part 3 - Restore a wallet
Once your account has been created, you’ll be taken to the Parity dashboard. Before we go on, we want to show you how to restore a previous wallet you may have created with another app like MyEtherWallet or Mist.
Step 1: Click “Accounts”
Step 2: Click “+ Account”
Step 3: Now, you have to choose from the options available. You can import accounts from the Geth keystore folder, you can upload a JSON file private key, you can also import an Ethereum presale wallet or enter the raw private key. Choose whichever fits best and click "Next" and follow the instructions
Part 4 - Receive and send ETH and tokens
Step 1: Click “Accounts”
Step 2: Choose an account
Step 3: To receive Ether, simply send ETH to the address shown or give it to the sender
Step 4: If you want to send Ether, click “Transfer”
Step 5: Select the token you want to send. You can choose between Ether and any other Ethereum-based token
Step 6: Enter the recipient address. When you click this field, you can type the address but your address book will pop up. You can add and remove addresses from the address on the "addressbook" section
Step 7: Enter the amount of Ether you want to send
Step 8: Click “Send”
Step 9: Enter your password and click “Confirm Request”
The Parity wallet also allows you to interact with dApps. We will cover this part very soon in a future guide. Stay tuned!
- 12 Ethereum DApps You Can Use Right Now
- How to Freelance for Ether
- New Player Beats Crypto Casino's Winnings Record with $650,000 Session
- 5 Easy and Safe Ways to Earn Free Ethereum in 2021
- DreamTeam: The First eSports and Gaming Recruitment and Management Network
- What is Status?
- CEEK VR - Celebrity Coin Cast and Smart Virtual Reality Tokens
- TeraBlock Is Gearing Up for it’s IDO Launch on BSCPAD
- BENQi’s Protocol on Avalanche Network, helps cutting down transaction fees
- Raze Network Completes Successful IDO on Multiple Platforms
- Online Gaming Company Virtue Poker Raises $5 Million in Funding
- Don-Key Capitalizes Social Yield Farming Platform With $2.2 Million From Leading Blockchain Funds
- How Blockchain Can Prevent Identity Theft
- VulcanVerse: A New NFT Farming & Gaming Platform Has Been Launched
- How to Stake and Earn Fees as an Aventus Network Validator
- Student Coin Review: How the STC Token Can Help Solve the Student Loan Crisis
- How to Earn Passive Income with Bitcoin? Bexplus Offers 100% Deposit Bonus and 100x Leverage
This website is only provided for your general information and is not intended to be relied upon by you in making any investment decisions. You should always combine multiple sources of information and analysis before making an investment and seek independent expert financial advice.
Where we list or describe different products and services, we try to give you the information you need to help you compare them and choose the right product or service for you. We may also have tips and more information to help you compare providers.
Some providers pay us for advertisements or promotions on our website or in emails we may send you. Any commercial agreement we have in place with a provider does not affect how we describe them or their products and services. Sponsored companies are clearly labelled.