The project’s top priority is fraud protection and bookmaker’s activity transparency (users can always verify the platform’s account balance). You can bet that betting will become more innovative.
People have been making bets since the earliest of times. In Ancient Greece, spectators used to bet on the Olympics’ participants, while in Ancient Rome - Romans used to bet on gladiators and chariot racers.
Back then, people placed bets by agreeing with each other. Bookmaking as a business originated in Britain two millennia later. Throughout history governments limited or even prohibited betting and gambling, as they took the matter very seriously. The betting industry boomed in the 1990s as bookmakers started to accept bets via the Internet.
Crypto-Betting Is Secure, Fast and Transparent
Typical betting platforms share the same problems, such as opacity, geographical payment limitations and necessity to trust site owners who might fix the odds or refuse to pay-out the winnings. All these problems can be easily solved by implementing blockchain and cryptocurrency into the core of a betting system.
In the majority of cases gamblers are not able to keep track of the funds and trace the bets in a blockchain. Such bookmakers use cryptocurrency only for client generation and do not make the next step.
Blockchain technology can offer a solution that can break this cycle of mistrust and create a new standard for online betting. The BetMatch project utilizes it as a solution and offers betting based on blockchain technology.
BetMatch is a decentralized betting house that combines a classical business model based on traditional betting abiding by an unbiased paradigm that uses blockchain technology with a social betting network as the second (community-based) layer. BetMatch’s architecture offers several features that work together to create a safe and transparent betting system:
- It eliminates the human factor and third-party influence on bet processing, results displaying and winnings pay-out
- All bets are unprecedentedly fair and transparent due to the use of blockchain technology
- Cryptocurrency-only bets, which means no more payment systems’ fees on deposition and withdrawal or immense charges on the winnings
- “Bookmaker’s guarantee” is replaced with “smart-contract”, which means that all the bets will be instantaneous and pay-outs can’t be delayed or cancelled
- Using internal tokens for betting can reduce the internal fees twofold
BetMatch uses XBM internal tokens (Ethereum ERC20 standard). Using these for betting, users can drastically decrease the internal fees or even cash out said fees on top of the winnings.
Users can also lease XBM tokens to others in need for a small percentage of their winnings. XBM tokens will also be awarded to active and useful members of the community, such as experienced forecasters or outstanding sports analysts. The token is listed and can be purchased on the Latoken exchange, on Crex24 and on betmatch.io. The token has grown 500% since its launch.
Players using centralized betting systems risk losing their money, as the company itself decides how much will be paid-out in the end. BetMatch with its combined business model, however, is designed to create a long-term solution for modern cryptocurrency-based betting systems.
Funds are deposited on a smart-contract which automatically transfers currency for betting on the user’s account and pay-out is guaranteed by a dedicated liquidity pool the balance of which can be verified at any given moment.
Every 100th block containing data on the private blockchain activity is uploaded to Ethereum public blockchain. That allows the system to operate with high speed but also provides security, decentralization and fail-safety.
Enjoy secure betting on BetMatch.io.
- Using Crypto to Bet on Sports with Sportsbet.io
- How To Earn Money With E-Sports Betting?
- Sandblock - Redefining The Relationship Between Businesses And Their Customers
- Cryptocurrency Tokens vs Coins: What's the Difference?
- Stellar - Move Money Across Borders Quickly, Reliably, And For Fractions Of A Penny.
- Cool Cousin - Tourism is old, let's travel!
- Proof of Work (PoW) vs. Proof of Stake
- Using Crypto to Bet on Sports with Sportsbet.io Sponsored
- A Look into fast and secure cryptocurrency betting with BetMatch Sponsored
- What Is Dogecoin (DOGE)?
- What Is Dai Stablecoin?
- What Is Chainlink?
- What Is Basic Attention Token (BAT)?
- What Is VeChain?
- RISE Aims To Take the B2B Blockchain Space By Storm
- What Is NEM (XEM)?
- What Is Tezos?
This website is only provided for your general information and is not intended to be relied upon by you in making any investment decisions. You should always combine multiple sources of information and analysis before making an investment and seek independent expert financial advice.
Where we list or describe different products and services, we try to give you the information you need to help you compare them and choose the right product or service for you. We may also have tips and more information to help you compare providers.
Some providers pay us for advertisements or promotions on our website or in emails we may send you. Any commercial agreement we have in place with a provider does not affect how we describe them or their products and services. Sponsored companies are clearly labelled.