MyEtherWallet Wallet Website
MyEtherWallet gives you the ability to generate new wallets so you can store your Ether yourself, not on an exchange. This process happens entirely on your computer, not our servers. Therefore, when you generate a new wallet, you are responsible for safely backing it up.
MyEtherWallet.com & MyEtherWallet CX are not "web wallets". You do not create an account or give them your Ether to hold onto. All data is created on our computer/your browser, not their servers. It's not a website where you put your Ether and they store it for you. They just make it easy for you to save your wallet information in your browser/on your computer. Then they give you a place where you can access that information and do stuff with it.
Make sure you read all their FAQ information: https://www.myetherwallet.com/#help
Have a look at our 'how to use MyEtherWallet guide'.
- Compare and Choose a Bitcoin Wallet?
- Compare and Choose a Bitcoin Debit Card?
- What is a Bitcoin Paper Wallet?
- What is a Bitcoin Hardware Wallet?
- What is a Bitcoin Web Wallet?
- What is a Bitcoin Brain Wallet?
- What is a Bitcoin Private Key?
- What is Elliptic Curve Cryptography?
- How to create a Bitcoin address from a Public Key?
- How to store Bitcoins?